Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer30.46 in
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Brunswick County Airport (KSUT)
Lat: 33.93 Lon: -78.07 Elev: 26ft.
7 Day Forecast
NWS Weather Forecast Office
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 52. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 8 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. North wind 13 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. North wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52. North wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Saturday Showers. High near 66. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Coastal Brunswick, NC
Text Only Forecast
Hourly Weather Graph
Air Quality Forecasts
International System of Units
About Point Forecasts
Full Weather Briefing
Interactive Forecast Map
Satellite over the Coastal Carolinas
Marine & Tidal Info.
Rip Current Risk
Surf Zone Forecast
River Info. (AHPS)
Climate & Past Weather Info
- Point Forecast: Point Forecast: Southport NC
- Last Update: 10:02 am EST Dec 11, 2013
- Forecast Valid: 12pm EST Dec 11, 2013-6pm EST Dec 17, 2013
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE